OFAI Firefighter Skills Preparation
Firefighter Skills Refresher Course
Firehouse Training Provides:
Firehouse Training provides the candidate with hands-on practice scenarios based on the testing requirements by many of the major testing facilities in the country. Practical skills training can prepare the candidate for the following recruitment testing companies.
- OFAI Ontario Fire Administration Inc. (Practical Fire Skills, Fitness and Written Skills Testing, Medical Scenario Practice)
- Gledhill Shaw Candidiate Testing Services and Occupational Screening (CPS/OS Recruitment Test)
- Brock University Firefighter Recruitment Testing Services
- York University Firefighter Recruitment Testing Services
- Candidate Physical Abilities Testing (CPAT)
OFAI Skills Preparation
During the Firefighter Skills Refresher session you will have opportunity to practice each skill in our state of the art facility, and work one-on-one with our instructor through each skill requirement as outlined in OFAI Stage Three testing format. You will have an opportunity to use your review notes from our session, and identify each critical pass and fail as required durng this test. This training is based on the practical firefighter skill requirements as outlined by the Firefighter 1 and 2 provincial NFPA 1001 sign-offs. This training standard as set out by the Office of the Fire Marshal and IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 6th Edition textbook. You will also demonstrate each skill in real time, and will debrief upon completion.
Our Skills Refresher Covers:
10 meter ladder climb, ropes, knots and tool lift
Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) proficiency test
7 metre ladder raise / roof ladder deployment
Fine motor skills hose assembly
Are You Ready?
View The Firehouse Training
2020 Course Schedule